Oct 16, 2010

Mabon Cake

My brother Sam was the one who told me about this yummy recipe. He found it on Octoberfarm.blogspot.com. There are a lot of other recipes I want to try from that blog as well. So, watch for more posts.

Ingredients:

2 C. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. melted butter
3 C. flour
4 C. diced apples

Mix all together and bake in a greased 9X13 inch pan at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes (or until golden brown).

Sauce:
(make in a pot on the stove).
2 sticks butter (1 C.)
1 C. dark brown sugar
1/3 C. evaporated milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract

For more detailed instructions refer to octoberfarm.blogspot.com.

This recipe for me would be only on special occasions. I am looking forward to my next unbirthday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...