Mar 6, 2011

Cheesy Bread Sticks

My friend Brandy used to work at this really cool pizza place and she filled me in on how they make their cheesy breadsticks.

Dough:
In a large bowl add:
2 C. warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
Let sit for a few minutes.
Then add:
Dash of salt
1 tsp. dough enhancer 
Enough flour to make a great dough. (About 3 C.)
Knead for 5 minutes.
Let rest for 10 minutes.


Roll out in a large rectangle.
Brush with Garlic butter. (I used Canola oil to save on the fat.)
Garlic butter:
Melt 1/4 C. butter in the microwave.
Add 1 tsp. Garlic powder. (I used garlic salt and it was too salty)
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
 
Spread with Mozzarella cheese. I just used the cheese I had. I guess Mozzarella doesn't melt into the dough like other cheese does.
Fold in half.
Cut with pizza cutter in 2 inch strips.
Twist twice and place on greased cookie sheet.
Top with more garlic butter and cheese.



Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.






Recipes by: Becky
Ideas by Brandy and online research.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...