Mar 23, 2011

Grandma Gilbert's Banana Bread-Healthified

I used to attend a Healthy Living Class at my friend Katherine's house. This was a recipe she shared with us. I just can't get enough of it!

What you will need is:
1/4 C. butter
1/2 C. Canned Great White Northern Beans
3/4 C. sugar
4 egg whites, (or 2 whole eggs)
2 bananas
1/2 C. milk (isn't in original recipe)
1 tsp. baking soda (I use baking powder)
1/4 tsp. salt (I don't add it)
1 C. white flour
1 C. wheat flour
1 tsp. vanilla


Drain and Rinse beans.

Pour into blender or food processor, pulse beans & softened butter together until pureed.
Add to mixing bowl.

Add sugar, eggs, and bananas (after mashing them with a fork in a separate bowl) and milk.
Cream mixture.
Add dry ingredients & vanilla.
Stir until well incorporated.
Spoon into 1 loaf pan, greased well with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
Can put into 12 muffin cups or 4 mini loaf pans and bake for 25 minutes. 
I doubled the recipe and gave 1 loaf to a neighbor who got to enjoy it. :)

This isn't word per word and I added a few little things that made it best for me. (Like the butter with the beans).

Recipe by: Katherine
Thanks!

P.S. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like in the mixing bowl. Oops!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...