Aug 15, 2014

Caramel Apple German Pancakes

So, in my mind I like to create recipes before I get to sleep. This is the one I came up with last night. These are delicious! 


Preheat the oven to 425*.  In a 9X13 pan put 3 tsp. butter. Put in the oven until melted.


In a large mixing bowl add: 1 1/2 C. flour, 2 Tbsp. cornmeal (optional), 1 Tbsp. 9 grain cereal mix (optional), 1 1/2 C. milk (I use 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk), 1 Tbsp. sugar, dash of salt, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 9 eggs. Whisk until smooth. You can also make this in a blender.


Take butter out of oven add 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil.


Chop or dice 1 large apple (I used red delicious).


Pour batter into hot buttered/oiled pan. Sprinkle with apples. 


Place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, or the middle will be doughy. 



Let sit for 5-7 minutes, slice with a sharp knife (to get even slices...slice in half length wise and half width wise, then cut those sections in half, and in half again until you have as many pieces as you would like). 

Top with caramel sauce.

Caramel sauce:
In a pot on the stove over medium heat add:
2 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 C. brown sugar, and 1/4 C. water. (I doubled mine and stored left overs in the fridge).
Boil for about 5-10 minutes, stirring often.


Serve with my Sunrise Smoothie.



Enjoy! 

Recipe by: Becky





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...