Make sure you don't add more Rice Krispies than it calls for, otherwise they will get crumbley.
This is her recipe:
A dessert so good, that my husband's family fights over them at Christmas time--to the point that last year, the parents had to ration them between family members so everyone got their fair share.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6oz)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (6oz)
- Combine sugar and syrup in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter; mix well.
- Add cereal and stir until blended. Press into buttered 9x13 pan.
- Melt chips together over low heat.
- Remove from heat and spread evenly over Rice Krispies mixture.
- Cool until firm, then cut into very generous portions for greedy family members.