Feb 28, 2011

Candied Popcorn


The other day I wasn't sure what to make for my ladies I visit monthly. I decided to make some of this candied popcorn.

In a large pot add:
1/8 C. oil

Heat for 3 minutes on medium high.

Add about 3/4 C. popcorn Kernels.

Cover with lid and slide back and forth while popping.

When it is done popping, take off heat.

Pour into a large bowl.

On the stove in a pot add:
1/4 C. butter
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/3 C. sugar
1 (3 oz) box jello (any flavor you would like)

Boil for 10 minutes, stirring continually.

Pour over popcorn.

Stir and coat popcorn well.

Dump onto a greased cookie sheet.

Put into a preheated 300 degree oven for 10 min.

Allow to cool.

Break apart with hands.

Put in an airtight container.

Improvised recipe from one I found online.

You can make a few different flavors and mix after they have cooled.

This is pretty tasty!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...