Feb 5, 2011

Fluffy Whole Wheat Rolls


The other day I went to Winco Foods. I love getting stuff out of their bins. They also had a lot of free recipes. Those of you who know me, know I love new recipe ideas. I found this one. We tried it a few nights ago and these were a hit.

What you will need:
2 Tbsp. dry yeast

1/2 C. warm water
1/4 C. honey
1/2 C. butter
3 eggs

1 C. warm water
1 1/2 tsp. salt

4-5 C. whole wheat flour (I used 3 C. wheat and the rest white)

Dissolve yeast in 1/2 C. warm water.
Cream softened butter and honey to a fine stream.
Add eggs, one at a time and beat (or mix vigorously with wooden spoon, that's what I did).
Add yeast mixture.
Add the 1 C. water. 
Add flour and salt.
Let rise until double in bulk.
Knead then rest 3 minutes.
For rolls- let rise and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Makes 12 rolls and 1 small loaf of bread.

Recipe found at Winco by the bins. :)
(Isn't word per word).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...