Apr 18, 2011

Artichoke with garlic lemon butter

I grew up eating artichokes with the fam. It was funny, because there were a lot of kids in my family. So, we each got a little bit, especially of the "heart". My mom loves Artichokes too. Now that I am grown, me and my middle son are the only ones that like these, in my little family. They are so tasty. I feel a Nostalgic feeling when I eat them.
Trim off thorny ends on each leaf and at the top.


Rinse off & place in a pot of boiling water. Make sure it's covered. Boil for 25 minutes. Then remove with tongs, shake and let water drip out of the artichoke. 

  
Place on a plate. Have another one next to it for the "eaten" leaves.

 Make butter by melting: 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter in the microwave. Then add 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. garlic salt. Stir well. (Sorry I didn't take a close up picture of the butter!)
Take off each leaf one at a time, dip in butter mixture, scrape off the soft bottom with your front teeth, and chew. Ha ha!
 Me & my boy
  
When you get all the leaves eaten up, (be careful about the little soft leaves. They have little thorns on the top of them, just eat carefully), cut off all the little "hairs". 

  
Then you get to the "heart" of the artichoke.

  
Cut off the stem. Then cut the heart into pieces. Dip & enjoy. This is the best part!


Recipe by: Becky
Got recipe idea and inspiration from my mom Pat. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...