Apr 20, 2011

Cheese Sauce


I made this recipe the other day and I was upset we were out of broccoli the next day. I can eat so much more veggies, if I have this sauce over them. I just try to go light on it. :)

In a pot on the stove add:
2 Tbsp. oil or butter
Heat.
Add:
2 Tbsp. flour.
Whisk together and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
Add:
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 C. milk
Whisk well.
Stir until thick. About 3-5 minutes.
Add:
1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese
Dash of paprika.
Serve over cooked broccoli, carrots, potatoes, etc.

Recipe by: Becky

1 comment:

Nhan Phan said...

Hi Ziggy ! I'm Foreigner . So I have a little difficulty with English. But I like to cook. So by your formula. I find hard to find "cheddar cheese" in my country. I still kind of cheese can be substituted or not? Wait for your feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...