May 25, 2011

Hobo Dinners

I got this image from http://shaylaskitchen.blogspot.com her recipe was a little different than mine. I couldn't find the pictures I took of these dinners when I made them. Thanks for the pic Shayla.

I love to make these dinners. It is fun to eat out of tin foil and when it's time to clean up, you just throw away the tin foil and you're done. No plates! These are also great to do over a campfire. I think if you pre-cook your meat and pre-slice your veggies, it cooks so much faster.

What you will need:
Tin foil, cut in squares (I do one for each of my kids and two for my husband & I)
Cooking spray
1 lb. ground beef
1 C. chopped carrots
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. chopped potatoes, peeled
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/2 C. onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt & pepper to taste
Sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce
Seasonings of choice

Brown beef in a skillet, to lessen the cooking time. Spray each square with cooking spray. Place about 1/2 C. beef in the middle of each square (on the shiny side), top with chopped veggies, a few table spoons of soup, salt & pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.  Fold them up by: bring two sides together and seal by folding over twice. Fold ends so all is sealed. Place directly over hot coals & cook for probably about 15-20 minutes. Or place in a 450 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  I like to place them all on a giant cookie sheet. Take out with oven gloves. Place them on hot pads around the table at each spot. This is such a fun meal and it's great to involve the kids with the preparation.
Open them up and let cool for about 10 minutes.

Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...