Jul 18, 2011

Becky's Bread Pudding

I have always loved bread pudding. My grandma used to make it for us when we were young. So I feel very nostalgic when I eat it.
Here is just a recipe I made up the other night. We had a ton of Hamburger/hot dog buns to use up.

Ingredients:
8 buns- cut in cubes
1/4 C. butter, melted
8 eggs
3 C. milk (I used 2 C. Silk Coconut milk, 1 C. cows milk)
1/2 tsp. orange extract
1/2 C. brown sugar
Dash of salt

Pour melted butter in a 9X13 glass pan. Add buns. Move buns around so they get coated in butter. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Whisk together rest of ingredients. Pour over buns. Dunk the bread in the liquid until it is all covered. Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour your favorite syrup over the top. Cut into squares. Serve with a glass of your favorite milk.

Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...