Jun 29, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Protein Bars

I went to my friend's Healthy Living class and she served these. They are great for a protein bar and healthy.
I like to have these for breakfast with a green drink or just for a snack. My husband loves these too!
Ingredients:
2 large egg whites
1/2 C. honey
6 heaping scoops chocolate protein powder
1/2 C. nonfat milk
1 C. natural peanut butter
2 C. old fashioned rolled oats

Mix peanut butter & honey in bowl. Microwave until melted (about 60-100 seconds). Add rest of ingredients. Mix together. Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Smooth into a 9X13 inch pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted is clean. Cut into 20 equal bars when cooled. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge.

I tweaked the recipe a bit. This is mine...

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 C. honey
3 heaping scoops chocolate protein powder (I use Jillian Michaels from Wal-mart)
(I added less because it is way expensive)
1/2 C. Rice, almond, or soy milk
2 C. oats
1 tsp. vanilla
Bake at 325 for 25 minutes

1st recipe from my friend Katherine
2nd recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...