Nov 19, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls are my weakness, so I rarely make them. Today I made some warm, gooey, tasty cinnamon rolls for my neighbor who just had surgery. So, we shared in the bounty. :)

Ingredients:
2 C. scalded milk
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. warm water
2 1/2 Tbsp. yeast
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 C. mashed potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
7 C. flour (I add at least 1 C. wheat), about
1/2 C. pecans, chopped
1/2 raisins
Filling:
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

In a measuring cup add water and yeast. Let sit. 

 Heat milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add butter. Stir until melted. 

Add sugar and salt. 
Make 1 cup of potatoes by using instant or cooking a potato in the microwave for 8 minutes, peeling, and mashing. 
Add potatoes to milk mixture. Add 3 C. of the flour. Mix well. Add yeast mixture and eggs. Mix well with a wooden spoon or mixer.
 Add the rest of the flour, pecans, and raisins (This is the step I love. I usually just add the nuts and raisins to the filling, but when you add it to the dough, it making the flavors all throughout the roll). 


Knead for 3 minutes. Let rise in the bowl for about 10-15 minutes. 
Cut in half.
 Roll out into a long rectangle on a well greased counter top. 

Top with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

Pinch all opening closed (so filling doesn't fall out) into a long roll. 

 Cut into rolls and place into greased 9X13 pans. Make sure rolls are touching, then they will stay more moist as they expand in the oven. 


Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out of oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. 

Frost. 

Serve warm.


Frosting:
2 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
Whisk together.

I was a bit lazy today, so I just decided to use store bought vanilla frosting I had on hand. :)
Enjoy! Recipe idea from: Cookin' at Home with the Lunch Bunch
Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...