Aug 13, 2014

Pigs in a Blanket


I made these for lunch today and they were so good! The neighbor kids even liked them! Ha ha. 


Directions:
Make your favorite Bread Dough recipe
(This is mine)
1/2 C. low-fat milk
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. butter
2 pkgs. or 2 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 C. Warm water
5-6 C. flour
(I also add come whole grain cereal mix to mine (about 2 Tbsp.)
In the a bowl add the milk & butter, place in microwave until butter is softened. In a bigger bowl add water, yeast & sugar. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt.Then add flour & stir. Add yeast mixture. Stir until it forms a ball. Knead on a greased counter top ( I use coconut oil). Let rest in bowl while you get toppings ready.
Roll out into a round circle & cut with a pizza cutter into 16 slices.

 Roll hot dog & sliced or grated cheese(sliced works best) up, starting at the wider part of the triangle slice. Place down on the end seam on a greased cookie sheet.
Cook in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. 

  I served mine with barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard. (My favorite sauce with these was barbecue, hands down) Carrots, corn, and my fruit burst salad. For the drink we had my Peach Dream smoothie. 

Recipe by: Becky

Bread recipe was inspired from a KitchenAid recipe book, yet I make mine by hand and it was tweaked a bit. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...