Sep 20, 2010

Buttermilk Syrup


Have you been to Kneader's for their all-you-can-eat french toast with buttermilk syrup? Well I got the recipe for the syrup, actually a little bird told me. I have changed the recipe using brown sugar instead of white so that I can call it my own! This tastes like caramel and makes the french toast melt in your mouth!

You can also buy the cinnamon bread from Kneader's and make the french toast at home. I did this for a breakfast with my friends and they all loved it!

syrup:

1 cube butter - melt in saucepan

1 cup brown sugar- packed

1 cup karo syrup

bring all to a rolling boil

add: 1 pint buttermilk

you can make your own buttermilk with milk and vinegar

1 tsp. baking soda

bring to full boil and boil for five to seven minutes

add cinnamon and stir

take off burner and add 1 tsp. vanilla

yummers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...