Sep 23, 2010

Sugar Dough

These cookies were so good. I seriously had to remove them from where I was at, so I wouldn't eat them all. I made dinner for my friend who just had a baby and brought these for the dessert.


3 C. flour
1/3 C. sugar
pinch of salt
1 stick of butter
1 egg
1 Tbsp. milk


Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl, then add cold cut up butter, until broken down. Add egg and milk. Mix until a ball forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour or 20 minutes in the freezer. (That way it will be less sticky and easier to roll out). If you don't have time to chill, just use powdered sugar liberally on the rolling pin or just press down on a floured surface with your hands. You can use this dough for tarts, pastries, pies, etc.

For cookies:
Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool before frosting.

I got this recipe idea from one of my cookbooks. I cut down the butter and sugar a bit. The original recipe was by Normandie Cafe and Boulevard Restaurant. Ramzy Asmar, Pastry Chef

For the frosting I put 3 oz cream cheese and 2 Tbsp butter in a bowl and melted in the microwave (be careful it pops), you can also do it on the stove. Then I added powdered sugar until it got the right consistency. Then add 1 Tbsp. Raspberry extract (or any extract you would like). Mix it well and then frost cookies.

I think the frosting made the cookie. Too bad they are all gone! It's tempting to make some more.

Frosting recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...