Dec 16, 2010

Zesty Chicken over rice

The other night I was looking online to see how I could use curry powder again. I have been hearing how curry powder and Indian spices are so good for the body. So, I made this. It's not the healthiest, but healthy enough to have for a meal.

In a pot on the stove add:
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. ketchup
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 C. green pepper, chopped
1/4 C. red pepper, chopped
1/2 C. pineapple, chopped
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of ground ginger
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Then add 2 C. cooked chicken, chopped. (I just cut up some breaded chicken breasts I cooked in the oven. This was a real hit with my husband).
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice. I like to use Jasmine rice.

Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...