Jan 8, 2011

Delightful Bread Pudding



Growing up we would eat at my Grandma's house for dinner a lot. I remember having this. So, I have such a comforting feeling when I eat it. I kinda made up my own recipe. So, here it goes.

Grease a 9X13 inch pan.
Rip up 5-7 pieces of bread (I used whole grain) and place in pan.

In a separate bowl add:
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted
2 cans evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Whisk together well and pour over bread. Make sure each piece of bread has been soaked in milk mixture.
As you can see in the pictures I added raisins. They didn't taste too good in it.

Cover pan with tin foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about an hour. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool.

While it is cooking in the oven make sauce.

Sauce:
On the stove over medium heat in a pot add:
1 C. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 C. hot water
4 Tbsp. butter
Zest of one lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon (squeeze with the lemon facing up, so the seeds don't get in it)
1 tsp. vanilla

Boil for 10 minutes, or until right consistency. (Stir continually).
Pour over each individual serving, or pour over the whole pan of bread pudding after you take it out of the oven.

Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...