Mar 14, 2011

Instant Oatmeal Packets

My husband helps feed the kids breakfast in the morning before school. For a while he was mixing instant oatmeal packets with quick oats. But, then we ran out of oatmeal packets. So, I decided to make our own. I have a Food Storage Cookbook (I'm all about Food Storage). I got this idea from there and then improvised and made my own recipes through doing research online.


In a food processor or blender add about a cup of quick oats and pulse until powdered.

Into each sandwich bag add:

1/4 C. quick oats
2 Tbsp. Oat powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Then to cook it you just add 1/2 C. boiling water and stir until thick. These would be great for camping too.

Flavor Variations:
Apple Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Dried Apples
1 Tbsp. nuts, optional

Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, etc.  & Cream
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. coffee creamer
2 Tbsp. dried strawberries

You can also make quart size ziplock bags by using:
2 C. quick oats
1/4 C. oat powder
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C dried fruit
1/8 C. creamer, malted milk, or powdered milk?
1/2 tsp. salt

Recipes by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...