Nov 24, 2013

Baked Oatmeal

Picture taken from cookbookaficionado.com
For our freezer meal group this past month my friend Heidi made this delicious recipe! I just had to get it from her.

Ingredients

3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flaxseed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1/2 cup craisens
1 large chopped apple
1 chopped-up peach or about 2/3 cup of peach puree if using frozen peaches
1/2 cup coconut oil (if you don’t have cocoanut oil, vegetable oil will work but add a little more sugar to the recipe)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
Directions

Mix all the dry ingredients and fruit together in a large bowl

Mix oil, eggs, and milk together.
Now mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

Pour mix into greased 9×9 or 8×8 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.


(One morning I was in a hurry and tried ot make this from memory.  I forgot the oil and the sugar but my kids loved it anyway.  We did warm up some honey and spoon it over the top)

Recipe by: Heidi F.

A few things I changed a bit were:
I added 2 C. Regular Oats, 1/2 C. honey instead of sugar, 1/3 C. ground flaxseed instead of whole, for the nuts I used sliced almonds, I also added 1/2 C. shredded coconut. For the milk I added coconut milk & almond milk mixed, plus one more egg.
So, I just kinda improvised and geared it toward what I had. This is a delicious recipe and great for breakfast, or any time of the day. We are having it for Sunday snack. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...