Jul 8, 2014

Frozen Bananas & Banana Ice Cream




One of my favorite summer treats is Frozen Bananas. I wait until they are really ripe on my counter (with lots of spots). Peel them, place them all on a cookie sheet, and pop them into the freezer. Then the next day I put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, ready to eat. (I like to hold the banana in a paper towel while I eat it).

There is something that happens to bananas when they get frozen, they become extra creamy in their texture and flavor. Yummy!

I also like to make banana "nice cream" with my frozen bananas. I used to have such a hard time making banana ice cream out of my frozen bananas in my Vitamix, because they wouldn't blend that well. But, Kristina from Fullyrawkristina gives a great tip. Put a soft unfrozen fruit in the blender first then add the bananas. You could use peaches, pears, pineapple, etc.

Here is the link to her video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cG8j1qmlzQ&list=UU_cOrj8dlCqYnGgp0xdkxow

You also have to use the wand that comes with the Vitamix. This is one of my families favorite desserts, and it's healthy! Bonus!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...