Aug 26, 2014

Oatmeal Raisin bars


Today was my kids' first day of school and I wanted to have a delicious snack waiting for them when they got home. I was looking through recipe ideas and I wanted to make soft ginger cookies, but I didn't have any Molasses. So I will have to make those at a later date. I decided to make these instead. 
The original recipe that I followed was called Best Oatmeal cookies. But, I didn't have time for cookies, so I made bars and tweaked it to make it my own. 

In a bowl add:
1/2 C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar + 2 Tsp. water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. oats
1/2 C. raisin bran cereal
1 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all together and put into a greased (I used coconut oil) 9X13 inch pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, golden brown, and knife comes out clean.

Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...