Nov 5, 2010

Chicken Casserole

Today my good friend and I got together to make a few freezer meals. I made one pan of this.
The night I got home from the hospital after having my 3rd child my mom had made us this. It was like the best thing ever! Maybe it tasted so good because it was my moms cooking and because I came from eating hospital food.

Ingredients:

4 cooked chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
8 Tbsp. flour
8 Tbsp. butter
4 C. milk
2 Cans cream of chicken soup
2 boxes stuffing, prepare as the back of the box says
Vegetable of choice (I like to use peas or broccoli with carrots
Cheese
Black pepper

Cook chicken and set aside. In a pot on the medium heat put flour and butter. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, add milk and cream of chicken soup. Mix. Prepare stuffing.

In a 9X13 dish put one layer of stuffing in the bottom. Top with vegetables and chicken. Pour sauce over top. Layer again with veggies and chicken. Pour more sauce over top. Then more stuffing. End with sauce over top and sprinkle cheese over top. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Serve with more vegetables for a complete meal.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...