Nov 5, 2010

Yummy Rolls

My sister and her family stopped in last Sunday and we fed them dinner. I wanted to make them something good. These rolls turned out just as they are named, yummy! I got this recipe out of one of my favorite recipe books, "Cookn' at Home with the Lunch Bunch".
1 1/4 C. scalded milk
2 Tbsp. yeast, dissolved in 1/2 C. hot water
2 eggs, beaten
4 C. flour to make quite sticky
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter

Pour milk over butter to melt it. (I just put the milk in a bowl with the butter and just nuke it in the microwave for a minute or two, until the butter is melted). Then I add the sugar, eggs, salt and flour and the yeast at the end, so the heat of the milk mixture doesn't kill the yeast. Knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Pinch of ping pong ball size balls and roll until nice and round. Put in greased baking dish or on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Let rise for about 1/2 hour. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...