Nov 5, 2010

Root Beer

I made this for the first time on Halloween and it was delicious! The next day we had it for our dessert with ice cream, for Root Beer floats. Then I let it sit for a few days to brew in the fridge and it tasted even better.
To make it I just followed the recipe on the back of the box:
1 1/2 C. water
3/4 C. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Root Beer Concentrate
1 bottle (1 liter) club soda

Bring water to a boil in a pot, stir in sugar until dissolved. Add concentrate; stir well until mixed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slowly pour soda into root beer mixture until well blended. Serve.

I also looked up online to see how it works with the dry ice. My kids loved the cool affect of dry ice by the way.

I found a few more resources online. I wanted to make enough to fill the pot. So, I added more water, more sugar and more extract until it tasted just right. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to make root beer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...