Jan 21, 2011

Chicken Pillows



I remember the first time I tried these. I was at a women's meeting and I just couldn't get enough of them. Grant it, I was nursing and I needed some extra calories and everything tasted so good. This is one of my favorite dishes.

In a bowl add:
8 oz cream cheese (I use reduced fat), softened (Can soften in microwave, just cover with paper towel)
1 large can chicken or 2 large cooked chicken breast, diced
Dash of garlic powder and paprika
1 green onion, diced
Dash of black pepper

In a separate bowl add:
1/4 C. butter, melted

In another bowl add:
1 1/2 C. bread crumbs

Then get out 2 packages reduced fat crescent rolls.

On the counter get each crescent roll dough out separately and roll out a bit.
In the center add 1 heaping Tbsp. form roll dough around it, pressing slightly so there are no holes.

Dip roll in butter, then bread crumbs, coat thoroughly. Place on Cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, they do expand a bit.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes.

Sauce:
In a bowl add:
1 Can cream of chicken soup
1/4 C. milk
Heat in microwave.
Spoon over hot rolls.

Serve with your favorite vegetable.







Recipe by: Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...